Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kool Keith – “New York (Remix)” (Feat. Agallah Don Bishop & NYM)


Kool Keith is excited to announce that his forthcoming album, Love & Danger, will be released June 5th via Junkadelic Music, with worldwide distribution via Fat Beats. To celebrate the announcement, the Bronx native and founding member of Ultramagnetic MCs, is releasing a remix of the album’s lead single “New York,” now featuring Agallah Don Bishop and NYM.

 Kool Keith’s new album, Love & Danger, which is produced entirely by DJ Junkaz Lou, allowed Keith to experiment with his talents even further, and also to display a wide range of emotions. “The Love & Danger album was a chance for me to be myself and do different things,” explains Keith. “It was me going through all kinds of temperatures – my highest of coldness to my highest of hotness, which is a lot like love and danger.”

 That excellence appears throughout Love & Danger’s 15 tracks. “New York,” finds Keith paying homage to the city that made him. Elsewhere, “The Game Is Free,” features a guest verse from Megabone, and examines the idea of privacy in a society driven by ever-present media. Other songs on the album include features from Keith Murray, and more, while album’s closing track, “Goodbye Rap,” is Kool Keith’s sign-off to the game he has been a major part of for a very long time. “This is probably my last project,” announces Keith, “You just got the last of the vocals of me. I’m quitting the game. Goodbye, rap.”

No comments: